Satellite navigation software updates How to get the latest map updates
Remembering to keep on top of regular checks with your Volkswagen can be difficult at times, especially when you have so many things to think about. Here at Volkswagen, we have created these short videos to help show you how quick and easy it can be.
These videos are for guidance purposes only and do not replace the need to consult the owner's manual and any warnings contained therein. Should you have any concerns or queries please contact your local Volkswagen Authorised Repairer.
Methods for updating Navigation software
Discover Navigation and Discover Navigation Pro touch-screen navigation/radio systems include free lifetime navigation software updates. The latest map updates for your navigation system will get you new roads, itineraries and the latest POIs in Europe.
There are three ways you can update your navigation system.
1. Download and install the DiscoverCare update software for navigation systems. Use the links below to download.
2. Download the full set of data in one go, or choose to download segments from the Navigation maps website. Full instructions on how to perform the update are available on the website, and also featured in the video guide above.
The latest available map packs are available for the following devices;
- Discover Pro
- Discover Media
3. Purchase an updated SD card from an authorised Volkswagen Retailer.
Radio Station logos for your infotainment system.
It is even easier to find your favorite station with the right logo. A wealth of original broadcaster logos, which you can install on your radio or navigation system (composition media, Discovermedia, Discover Pro), can be downloaded here as a ZIP file.
The link below offers you the channel logos for Great Britain in ZIP format. The logos are only provided for use in Volkswagen Radio systems (composition media, Discovermedia, Discover Pro). No other use is permitted.
How to install the logos on your system:
- Simply save the file to a directory of your choice with a click on the link below.
- Unzip the zip file and search for the relevant logos.
- Copy this to an SD card.
- Then, connect the storage medium to your infotainment system.
- Now you can import the desired logos into your device.
- To do this, tap the Setup button and then tap Sender logos.
- Now tap the desired station button to which a logo is to be assigned.
- Select the source on which you saved the image (e.g., SD1) and select the logo.
- Repeat this process for other logos, and return to the main radio menu by pressing the radio button.
- The SD card can then be removed.